PART II: Analyses of End-Use Applications
Part II explores specific electronic systems that are expected to play prominent roles in the IC industry over the next several years.
Analyses of Key Markets for ICs
- The Internet of Things
- Artificial intelligence (machine learning)
- Automotive electronics (incl. autonomous and electric vehicles)
- Personal computing (incl. tablets and standard PCs)
- Datacenter servers and cloud computing
- Virtual reality and augmented reality
- Wearable systems (incl. smartwatches and fitness trackers)
Included in the section are analyses of automotive electronics, smartphones, personal computing systems, wearable systems, and the fast-growing market for the Internet of Things.
Historical developments and future expectations that will make these markets attractive for IC vendors are highlighted and discussed.
Below are sample figures from Part II. There are about 250 such figures in the section that help to illustrate trends within the key end-use markets discussed.